Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Year without a Santa Claus

Greetings from Heat Miser/Cold Miser Central. It's that time of year when we harken back to Christmas Specials of yesteryear, and I couldn't resiste posting this pic from Halloween 2004 (we're supposed to be the Miser couple).



As for knitting content, there's not much. I've been knitting like crazy, but don't have many pics to show for it. My daisy afghan squares are sewn together but now I have to weave in all of the ends and decide how to do a border with only two small skeins of leftover yarn. I started the Trellis sweater for our new nephew who's only 7 months old, but is a BIG BABY (in a healthy, totally appropriate way). I'm making the middle size, which will probably be too big, but I'd rather have it too big than too small.

The Kauni cardigan is done and blocked and just needs to have buttons sewn on, (or, as they say here in central PA, "needs sewn", as in the kitchen "needs sweeped") but I'm so disgusted that it's too small that I'm trying to avoid it. If it fits my mom she's getting it for Christmas. I still don't know what happened. The size I made had a 55 cm chest width on the pattern, which, according to Google, 55 centimeters = 21.6535433 inches. 21.6 doubled equals 43.2 circumference, which should have been plenty big. I got guage so I thought I was fine. But, even after blocking, I only got a 20 inch chest width, and 40 inches around is very different from 43.2 inches around. I could wear it open, but I went to all that work to make a cardigan that now I can't wear buttoned. Seems stupid.

On the bright side, I made two quick, fun hats over the Thanksgiving holiday. They're the Chicabean pattern by Rogue. They're great for using up sweater leftovers. I like the second one better, but I screwed up and knit the first row instead of doing ribbing, so that's why the edge curls a little bit.





1 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

That's horrid about the Kauni. Mine ended up too big, but after a second time of blocking, it came out the right size. It is such a lot of work for it not to turn out well.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home