Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hat Frenzy

I indulged in a major hat-knitting frenzy this past weekend. I discovered that the Yarn Harlot's unorginal hat pattern works great for handspun. I had a few small skeins lying around in my stash, so I got the ball winder going and ended up knitting 4 hats. The problem with the ease and speed of these hats is that it started to create an unrealistic urge to make them for all of my family for Christmas. I haven't done xmas knitting for the past few years because I get too stressed out about it, and no one has remarked on it so I think I'm better off knitting on my own schedule.


I'm planning to keep one of the teal hats for myself, bring one to my sister-in-law as a hostess present for Thanksgiving, and give the other two to charity.

Brian and I had a lovely day on Sunday. We scored at the Woolrich Outlet's 25% off everything sale, then we had 75 cent drafts and chicken wings in the middle of nowhere at the "Venture Inn," and then we made a vain attempt to walk it off on the Pine Creek Rail Trail. We met through a hiking club but our hiking has been recently curtailed by Brian's grad work and my long commute. It was great to get back outside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home