Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Kauni Colors

The Yarn Harlot was right: the Kauni cardigan goes much faster when you actually spend time knitting it:


I'm past the cast-off for the armholes. I decided to cast-on only 7 stitches for the armhole steeks, like I did for the front steek. I don't see the need to have more than that, and it'll leave me plenty of yarn leftover. I'm so glad that I chose this colorway instead of the rainbow. The rainbow is stunning, but these colors are much more me. I get such a kick out of watching them change as I go along.

Here's a somewhat better picture of the Mystery Shawl. The patterned tank top beneath it doesn't help the stitch definition, but you get the idea.


I joined the Secret of the Stole Knit-along because I had so much fun with the Mystery Stole this summer. I have some red zephyr in my stash that I'm planning to use. I have some clear beads which I think will work well with it. You're not supposed to use bright colors, but that's what I've got and I think it'll be fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

Your Kauni looks amazing. I like those colours better than the rainbow too.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home