Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Finished items

The mystery stole is done and blocked. I need a bigger blocking space! I was not very precise with my blocking on this project, mainly because I didn't have enough room, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out. I'll try to get a better photo of the details at some point. I had to block in stages because the bed was too small and we don't have a big enough floor space to block something like this:

Here's a close-up of the finished Wisp. I'm really happy with the buttons. I bought them on a trip to Great Britain with my mom in 1995 and hadn't found the right home for them until now.

The Bohus is also done. yay! I attached the buttons and now I just need it to cool off around here so that I can wear it to work. So, as of today, my WIPs are the Kauni cardigan, which I'm going to rip out and re-start, the celtic shawl, and a pair of Hedgerow socks that I started this weekend. I also have a bag full of crocheted daisies that were supposed to become a scarf but I hated sewing them together so I think I'm going to try to turn them into an afghan or baby blanket. I'm going to go on a yarn mission today to see if I can find some nice cotton to use with the daisies. My thought is to make square borders incorporating the tips of the petals of the daisies, then sew the squares together to make a blanket. Something like this:


1 Comments:

Blogger BAAbins said...

Just curious...why are you going to rip out and restart the Kauni cardigan? I've been interested in doing it but not interested in the Rainbow...so I've been watching your progress while I decide. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home