Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Do-over

Here are before and after shots of the Kauni cardigan, pre-frog and post-frog. I'm really glad I ripped it out and started over. I used the German twist cast-on recommended on the Kauni KAL and I did the purl-block ribbing, which I like much better. It's nice and cool now in central PA, and I'm looking forward to lots of Kauni knitting this weeked in between going to the Penn State/UB football game and seeing Monty Python and the Holy Grail on the big screen. Can't wait!

Note the seriously curled edge:


See the nice flat textured edge:


Oh, and I decided to go to Rhinebeck again this year. We're turning it into a weekend cabin-rental get-away in the Hudson Valley, with a little bit of time built in for visiting the Sheep and Wool show. A friend of ours will be joining us, and my plan is to encourage Brian and Jen to go hiking while I visit the show. Unlike most knitters, I get overwhelmed at big shows and I only like to stay for an hour or two. I like to go early before the crowds, and leave early. Brian went to school in Albany and he loves the Hudson Valley. It should be fun trip!

2 Comments:

Blogger Micky said...

Looking good!
:)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Phiala said...

Hi!

I was wandering the web looking for State College knitters, and found your blog! Hopefully I'll see you at a local knit-meet sometime.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home