Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

One More Day

Tomorrow I leave for Stockholm and then a quick flight to Helsinki to meet Brian. I can't wait!

In preparation for the trip I've gotten my knitting life in as much order as possible. The Blue and Green Bohus is done with all of the ends woven in. I wish I'd learned about spit plying sooner. That would have resulted in much fewer ends. Oh well, now I know. I can't take pics of the finished object because Brian has the digital camera with him, and I think he's in St. Petersburg right about now.

I'm caught up with the mystery shawl and I really like the wing idea, even though it's asymmetrical. Again, no pics. I'll catch up with everyone else after I get back.

As always, I debated about what to bring to knit during the trip. I always bring too much but I always worry that I'm going to run out. After much thought, I decided to bring this pattern and the kid silk haze that I used for the friend's-wedding-shawl-that-never-was-worn. I didn't like how that shawl turned out, so I ripped it out and will recycle the yarn for Wisp. I'm also bringing sock needles just in case I finish Wisp and need something else to do. I'm going to the land of knitting, so I'm sure that I'll be able to find sock yarn in a pinch. It's supposed to be in the 60s and 70s during the day in Helsinki and Oulu, so a finished Wisp might even come in handy if the nights get chilly. It's been HOT and HUMID here, so 60s temp are sounding very appealing right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Have a wonderful trip! Hope you find some wonderful yarn buys while you are there! Love your Mystery Stole progress too!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home