Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sidetracked

Not much posting lately because I was sidetracked by the Bohus sleeves. I recalculated the shape based on my gauge, and they're finally done. I'm happy with how they turned out:

Now I just have to do the button bands and collar and it's done. The directions say to knit the button band up from the live stitches at the bottom and then sew it to the body, but I may try to attach it to the body as I knit. We'll see.

Here are my two shawls-in-progress. Shawl on the left is the Mystery Shawl. I should be caught up by Friday when the new clue comes out. We've been traveling a lot and it's been hard to find a quiet place to sit and work on it. Shawl on the right is the Jamieson's pattern. I had thought about ripping it out because the skacel yarn annoys me with it's fineness, but I'm liking the shawl more now that I charted the pattern. I'm a visual knitter and I was having a hard time with the written instructions, particularly since they were British abbreviations. Things are going better now.


Brian leaves for Stockholm/Helsinki/Moscow today. I'll meet up with him in Helsinki next Friday. I can't wait! Here are some of the yarn shops I'm hoping to visit during our trip: Sommerfluglen in Copenhagen, Sticka in Stockholm, and Menita in Helsinki.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dominique said...

Like your shawls ! Have a good time on your trip - I am going to visit Stockholm/Kopenhagen/Helsinki myself too. Really looking forward to that one !

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home