Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mystery Stole #3

Thanks to the encouragement of the Nerdy Knitter, I've joined the Mystery Stole #3 bandwagon. I can't wait! I have several skeins of lace weight yarn in my stash - I just need to figure out what will work best. I'm going to ALA in DC this weekend, and I think I'm going to check out this bead store to get some beads to go with my yarn. I've always wanted to add beads to my knitting, but haven't had a chance to try it out.

In other knitting news, I've finished sock #2 of my vacation socks that I started in Delft in May. I'm slogging along with the sleeves of the bohus. I had to rip out my last start because my gauge was way off. I'm ok with the sweater body being a little too large, but not the sleeves. At this moment I have only two object in process, which makes me happy. Just the Bohus and the Jamieson's shawl, which I may end up ripping out because I have to watch my stitches too closely because the yarn is so fine. We'll see.

I found out yesterday that my husband was accepted into a doctoral consortium session at a conference on Context in Denmark in August. Hooray! This means that I'll be spending a couple weeks in Scandinavia with him while he "kills time" between his cartography conference in Moscow and the Denmark conference. The academic lifestyle certainly has its benefits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home