Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Kauni Fever

The semester's over, we're back from the Netherlands, and I finally have time to catch up on the blog.

I'm obsessed with this sweater made with Kauni yarn. I tried to find the yarn when we were in the Netherlands, but no luck.

I'm so obsessed that when I found this bag in A Touch of Grace in Geneseo NY, I had to have it. See the resemblance to the sweater?


Luckily, Melinda's Purlwise blog gave me information on how to order Kauni yarn from Astrid's Dutch Obsessions. Astrid was out of the colorway called for in the pattern, but I fell in love with the EF colors, and ordered it for the sweater. It only took two weeks for it to get here, and the price was very reasonable.


I'm hoping that these colors will work in the same way as the brighter version. Check out Melinda's blog to see the sweater in progress.

While we were staying in Delft for my husband's conference I managed to get to Leiden to check out a couple of yarn shops. Here's Ribbels, where I bought a skein of sock yarn from Wales. I should have bought two skeins but it was expensive. Maybe it'll become some kind of little scarf.

The sock yarn:

My only finished object from the trip:

1 Comments:

Blogger The_Add_Knitter said...

That must be Colinette Jitterbug yarn. I recently began some socks in it and am truly loving it.

Glad to find another State College blogger doing the Kauni KAL--are you Penn State affiliated? I'm in the French dept. Good luck on your sweater!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home