Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Spring at Last

It's finally Spring here, and I finally had a day off at home, so I figured it was time to update my blog.

Way back in August I posted about a pair of Gem Opal socks I had tried to make out of one skein instead of the two skeins that were called for. I tried several ways to make the socks work, and it just wasn't happening. I couldn't bear to rip them out again, which was a good thing because inspiration struck and I turned them into fingerless mitts. These will come in handy in about 5 months when I'm sitting on the couch with cold hands, trying to knit.


This is my snazzy new knitting bag that I got at Target for $4 on Friday. Yahoo! It has three pockets on the inside and the whole thing is sort of shiny, stain resistant material, which is always good.


I'm making progress on the Jamieson's shawl, but I've decided that I'm going avoid yarn this skinny in the future because it's like knitting with sewing thread. I'm not enjoying it at all because I have to watch every stitch I make - I can't knit on autopilot like I usually do.


This is a project I started a few weeks ago on our drive to Knoxville. I ripped out a short sleeved sweater that I didn't like and I'm using the yarn to make the Viennese Shrug from a recent Interweave Knits.

It should look like this when it's done:


1 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

The shawl will be impressive. I am lace and chart challenged, and have only ever finished one small shawl. cute knitting bag! I am a knitting academic librarian
http://pjbknit.typepad.com

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home