Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Having a Grandma Berts Moment

Brian's 82-year-old grandma is one of the most fashion-conscious people I know. This is not always a good thing, as in how she spent all of months leading up to our wedding talking about her outfit. I'm having a wedding outfit moment myself, mainly because I don't dress up very often.

I had thought that I would make a Jamieson and Smith shawl for my friend's wedding at the end of March, but this is how far I've gotten on tiny needles with about 4 weeks to go:


In the meantime, I started and finished another shawl, made from Rowan kidsilk night, which is sparkly and a little more flashy than my usual style.

I like this shawl, but I'm not sure if it goes with my dress. I bought some sparkly shoes, that match the shawl, but now I might have to buy a new dress. Crazy. All this for someone else's wedding where no one will care what I'm wearing.

Brian's sweater is coming along well. In fact, I have a crick in my neck and shoulder from knitting so much on it this weekend. I love the construction of this sweater. You knit a shoulder strap and work in both sides of the front and back as you knit along. It's lovely. And the collar has that great purl-row-fold-over thing, which I love because my cast-offs are never even and look stupid on a collar. I'm about 6 inches into the first sleeve. I like that you knit the sleeves down from the body, because that way I can get the exact sleeve measurement by making Brian try on the sweater.



I've been avoiding working on the Bohus sweater because the sleeves are soooo boring and the yarn is scratchy. I reorganized my stash last weekend and have several bags full of patterns and yarn for my next projects. Oh, and I decided to resuscitate my Gem Opal socks that I wasn't able to complete because of the lack of yarn, and make them into fingerless gloves to keep my hands warm while I'm knitting. I'm going to keep the sock leg patterns and just add thumb holes and knit up to my fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home