Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Pomatomus socks

The Pomatomus socks are almost done:


All I have left is the toe on the second sock and then I have to sew in the ends. I love them so much that I'm keeping them for myself. I stopped at a local discount store (ala Marshall's or TJMaxx) on the way to work and found 4 pairs of shoes for $47, two pairs of which were clogs, so I'll be able to show off my handknit socks.

Here's a better image of the baby blanket that is ready to be shipped to our friends' new baby girl.




Here's how far I've gotten on the Bohus Blue & Green. It's been fun, but I don't like purling with two colors. I now see the big advantage of knitting everything in the round and then cutting it to make a cardigan. I've tried the Anna Zilborg reverse knitting technique where you keep the front of the work facing you and the yarn behind, and do a backwards knit stitch to make the purl. I'm not great at it though. I'm saving that for the rows where I have to use three colors.



The woman who owns The Knitters Underground in Centre Hall helped me find the correct color for the background on the bohus. I was using a dark brown that I ordered over the phone, and it wasn't working at all (you can see it in the bottom of the border - I couldn't bring myself to rip back that far). She has the best selection of Jamieson & Smith's Shetland wool that I've seen.

Here are my options for new projects to start on my trip to the midwest next week. I'll have lots of knitting time on planes, trains, and ferries. The top left is the sweater for my husband, and the bottom right is a lovely Jamieson & Smith shawl pattern. I'm torn. I should just bring the bohus and work on that - but I have to think too hard with all of the color changing.




Here's a better photo of the shawl option that I stole from here. I love the celtic knot pattern on the ends.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home