Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Monday, August 28, 2006

More finished projects

Go me! Two posts in one month! I'm a mad blogger, I tell you.

I have several newly completed items:

These are Priscilla Gibson-Roberts' Perfect Fit socks from the Fall 2000 issue of Interweave Knits. They're supposed to have a short row heel and toe, but I did a side-decrease toe because I didn't like how the short-row toe looked. On the second sock, instead of doing the heel in progress, I knit a row of waste yarn for the heel stiches and kept going. Once I finished the tube of the sock, I picked out the waste yarn and made the heel. The socks are for my mother-in-law for Christmas.


The Knitty convertible shawl is done (except for weaving in the ends). Bamboo yarn rocks! I had to add about 4 more repeats of the lace pattern because I'm stockier than than the model in Knitty, but it was worth it. I can't wait to wear it to work.



This is the Cradle to Couch Blanket from Interweave Knits Fall 98. I started this thing about three years ago, planning to give it to a friend who was having a baby. I finished it just in time for baby #2! The stitch details didn't photograph well - it's got lots of cables and patterns and it was made on #2 needles. The best thing is that it's washable.


This is my start on the pomawhatis socks. I love this yarn! And the pattern is way cool!

Finally, a pic from our June trip to Europe. Here's Brian enjoying the view from the cafe at the top of the chairlift in Vianden, Luxembourg. Sigh. The view, the company, the beer . . . that was a good trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nerdy Knitter said...

Wow, Michelle--Those Knitty socks are going to be gorgeous! I've got them on my list of things to make someday, and now I'm feeling even more excited about them.

I can't wait to see a photo of you wearing your convertible!

--Judy

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home