Knitting Librarian

A knitting scrapbook to keep track of things I've knitted and/or would like to knit someday.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Back from Benelux

We got back from our three week trip to Europe last weekend. Here is the yarn I brought with me:


Note that only the top of one sock has been completed. I always bring way more yarn and projects than I will use, because I worry that I will run out of knitting options. In this case, I brought two fairly complicated sock patterns, one from IK and one from Knitty, and I discovered that they were more than my feeble jet-lagged brain could handle. So, while in Leeuwarden in Northern Netherlands (birthplace of Mata Hari), I bought some self-striping sock yarn for mindless train knitting:


I took a quick overnight trip to Paris, and while there I luckily wandered past La Drogerie. The staff were very friendly and helpful and were able to understand my rudimentary french. I bought some lovely bamboo to make the convertible shawl from Knitty:


and I also got a kit to make a crocheted flower scarf:



While in Tilburg (Netherlands), I went to the Textile Museum and picked up some wool to spin:



Once we arrived back home I resumed work on my Philosopher's Wool kit (after buying more black yarn as the kit did not have enough):



1 Comments:

Blogger Nerdy Knitter said...

Hi Michelle! I didn't know you could crochet--I've had my eye on that kit, but was afraid of the crochet. Now I know I can ask you for help. He he he he.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home